Remarks: Hydroxychloroquine use in outpatients reduces the incidence of the composite outcome of COVID-19 infection, hospitalization, and death. Serious adverse events were not reported and cardiac arrhythmia was rare. Systematic review registration–This review was not registered. FULL STORY HERE: https://www.4cmitv.com/2020/10/01/2020-sep-30-hcq-use-reduces-the-incidence-of-covid-19-infection-hospitalization-and-death/
STUDY HEADLINES: Randomized Controlled Trials of Early Ambulatory Hydroxychloroquine in the Prevention of COVID-19 Infection, Hospitalization, and Death: Meta-Analysis
To determine if hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) reduces the incidence of new illness, hospitalization or death among outpatients at risk for or infected with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.
Search of MEDLINE, EMBASE, PubMed, medRxiv, PROSPERO, and the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials.
Also review of reference lists from recent meta-analyses.
Randomized clinical trials in which participants were treated with HCQ or placebo/standard-of-care for pre-exposure prophylaxis, post-exposure prophylaxis, or outpatient therapy for COVID-19.
Two investigators independently extracted data on trial design and outcomes. Medication side effects and adverse reactions were also assessed. The primary outcome was COVID-19 hospitalization or death. When unavailable, new COVID-19 infection was used. We calculated random effects meta-analysis according to the method of DerSimonian and Laird.
Heterogeneity between the studies was evaluated by calculation of Cochran Q and I2 parameters. An Egger funnel plot was drawn to investigate publication bias. We also calculated the fixed effects meta-analysis summary of the five studies. All calculations were done in Excel, and results were considered to be statistically significant at a two-sided threshold of P=.05.
Five randomized controlled clinical trials enrolling 5,577 patients were included. HCQ was associated with a 24% reduction in COVID-19 infection, hospitalization or death, P=.025 (RR, 0.76 [95% CI, 0.59 to 0.97]). No serious adverse cardiac events were reported. The most common side effects were gastrointestinal.
Hydroxychloroquine use in outpatients reduces the incidence of the composite outcome of COVID-19 infection, hospitalization, and death. Serious adverse events were not reported and cardiac arrhythmia was rare.
SYSTEMATIC REVIEW REGISTRATION:
This review was not registered.
Alert the MSM: Randomized Controlled Trials of Early HCQ in 5,577 patients show 24% reduction in disease and death and no serious adverse events. Kudos to my author-friends and frontline doctors who actually see patients. Find us: https://t.co/bs4vJKQ036 https://t.co/bRotjB7DX1
— Dr. Simone Gold (@drsimonegold) October 1, 2020
Hashtags: #4cminewswire, #HCQ, #Hydroxychloroquine, #COVID19, #4cminews, #4CMiTV, #4CM2020SEPDEC30,
Tags: 4cminewswire, HCQ, Hydroxychloroquine, COVID-19, 4cminews, 4CMiTV, #4CM2020SEPDEC30,
4CMINEWS SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Archive - 4cmdisclosure VIDEO: N/A
- Bitchute - Freedom4CM VIDEO: N/A
- YouTube - GaryGreen4CMiCTV VIDEO: N/A
- FB Page - 4cminewswireGlobal Post: https://www.facebook.com/4cminewswireGlobal/posts/372161907484192
- FB Page - 4cmEndTimes Post: N/A
- FB Page - GlobalRedPill Post: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalRedPill/posts/394515918611495
- GAB Page - 4cminewswire Post: https://gab.com/4cminewswire/posts/104958823107677923
- GAB - 4cminewswire/AU: Post: https://gab.com/4cminewswire/posts/104958849866713280
- GAB - 4cminewswire/NZ Post: https://gab.com/4cminewswire/posts/104958858873141201
- GAB - 4cminewswire/UK Post: https://gab.com/4cminewswire/posts/104958867427552567
- Instagram - 4cminews Post: N/A
- Linkedin - 4cmgroup Post: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/4cmgroup_2020-sep-28-lower-level-of-zinc-in-blood-activity-6717368113106702336-hxXH
- Telegram - Newswire4cm Post: https://t.me/Newswire4cm/2269
- Twitter - 4cminews: Post: https://twitter.com/4cminews/status/1311604224292134914?s=20
- Parler - Gary4cm: Post:
DEFUNCT SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM
Dailymotion & Facebook: